Saturday, December 05, 2009

Funny things that couldnt have happened to me outside India

1. Year 2006 = I was serious about two things - research and gender equality

Hey was reading some old stuff (mails chats) today (nov,09) and I came across a piece (an old mail) where I explained to a girl, that I was earlier pissed off with her because I thought she wanted to go out with me and she was behaving in what seems contradictory ways - too moody -,,, but now when she explained that she didnt mean to give me such a signal,,,, I totally agreed with her that such confusions happen and we cant do much about them and that I should no longer stay pissed off. I wrote a small mail and reffered this paper - which I found very interesting in the context (at that time)

Fuzzy Logic in a Post-Modern Era:

Serendipity and Causality

http://www-bisc.cs.berkeley.edu/BISCSE2005/Abstracts_Proceeding/Friday/FM2/Mori_Ghomshei.doc

For my choice of papers, I would have made a nice enough prof too.


2. Year 2009 - November - Flute playing experience

Time is a major constraint these days, work sucks time (i though only black holes suck time, but that was like a 1200 or so days back). Learning flute needs time. So what I do is that I play at times, such as when I am commuting, in a cafe etc etc. So this time I was playing in a crowded Irani chai cafe near my place (tea is 6/- bucks, that crowded), practicing a few songs I know to myself. So an uncle who had been sharing tea break with his friends, and listings to music for sometime,,, turned back,,, with a 5 buck coin in his hand (i noticed the shine)... He looked at my direction with appreciation, and am sure, wanted that coin to go with me... :-) thats the story ... I gave a short (hard) squint eye look and the guy stopped and turned back to walk outside ... I played some more flute.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home